At ENS Paris-Saclay, students get involved in the School’s research laboratories from a very early stage and benefit from close, committed interaction with leading academics and researchers from all over the Université Paris-Saclay doctoral landscape.
The Doctoral College oversees all graduate research conducted in ENS Paris-Saclay’s laboratories and research teams. It forms part of Université Paris-Saclay’s doctoral landscape.
ENS Paris-Saclay’s laboratories take an active part in Université Paris-Saclay’s ambitious strategy for doctoral training. They are involved in 12 of the university’s 20 doctoral schools:
- Cancérologie, Biologie, Médecine, Santé (CBMS)
- Sciences Chimiques : Molécules, Matériaux, Instrumentation et Biosystèmes (2MIB)
- Mathématiques Hadamard (EDMH)
- Ondes et Matière (EDOM)
- Electrical, Optical, Bio - physics and Engineering (EOBE)
- Approches interdisciplinaires: fondements, applications et innovations (INTERFACES)
- Structure et dynamique des systèmes vivants (SDSV)
- Sciences de l'homme et de la société SHS
- Sciences mécaniques et énergétiques, matériaux et géosciences (SMEMAG)
- Sciences et technologies de l'information et de la communication (STIC)
- Innovation thérapeutique du fondamental à l'appliqué INNOVTHERAPEUTIQUE
All PhD students enrolled on an administrative level at ENS Paris-Saclay are supervised academically through one of these 12 doctoral schools. After successfully defending their thesis, they are awarded an internationally recognized PhD from Université Paris-Saclay.
The creation of a unique Université Paris-Saclay doctorate was one of the main commitments of our IDEX project. Our ambition is to create a doctorate degree which can be a flagship of Université Paris-Saclay and contributes as such to its international visibility.
Doctoral training at Université Paris-Saclay is organized to fullfill the missions associated with the national accreditation by the ministry of higher education, and the principles for innovative doctoral training in europe.