Director : Frederic.MAZALEYRAT [at] ens-cachan.fr (Frédéric Mazaleyrat)
In Université Paris-Saclay’s doctoral environment, the ENS Paris-Saclay Doctoral College gives PhD students the means to prepare for their professional futures in higher education and research or other sectors.
Its responsibilities include:
- administrative enrolment of PhD students (payment of tuition fees, issuing student ID cards and certificates of enrolment)
- managing doctoral contracts with institutions
- managing doctoral contracts specific to normalien students with trainee civil servant status
- managing complementary teaching activities
- managing enrolment for accreditation to supervise research (HDR)
The Doctoral College is also a place for interaction between disciplines, with meetings and presentations of PhD research organised through the “Club des doctorants” (doctoral students club).
It is a place for discovery and for honing professional skills, with conferences of general interest and activities organised in collaboration with doctoral schools and research institutes, particularly within University Paris-Saclay.
Accreditation to supervise research
ENS Paris-Saclay grants accreditation to supervise research (habilitations à diriger les recherches or HDR). The application procedure is managed by the Doctoral College.
Accreditation to supervise research is a French national qualification for higher education teaching which may be obtained after a doctorate. It is regulated by the decree of 23 November 1988.
This qualification entitles its holders to officially supervise doctoral candidates.
Université Paris-Saclay Doctoral Schools
All ENS Paris-Saclay doctoral students belong to one of Université Paris-Saclay’s 12 doctoral schools:
- Cancérologie, Biologie, Médecine, Santé - CBMS (Oncology, Biology, Medicine, Health)
- Sciences Chimiques : Molécules, Matériaux, Instrumentation et Biosystèmes - 2MIB (Chemistry: Molecules, Materials, Instrumentation and Biosystems)
- Mathématiques Hadamard - EDMH (Mathematics)
- Ondes et Matière - EDOM (Waves and Matter)
- Electrical, Optical, Bio - physics and Engineering - EOBE
- Approches interdisciplinaires: fondements, applications et innovations - INTERFACES (Interdisciplinary Approaches: Foundations, Applications and Innovations)
- Structure et dynamique des systèmes vivants - SDSV (Structure and Dynamics of Living Systems)
- Sciences de l'homme et de la société - SHS (Social Sciences)
- Sciences mécaniques et énergétiques, matériaux et géosciences - SMEMAG (Mechanics and Energy, Materials and Geoscience)
- Sciences et technologies de l'information et de la communication - STIC (Information and Communication Technology)
- Innovation thérapeutique du fondamental à l'appliqué - INNOVTHERAPEUTIQUE (Therapeutic Innovation, from Basic to Applied)