- Director : NICOLAS.VAYATIS [at] ens-paris-saclay.fr (Nicolas VAYATIS)
- Deputy Directors : laure.quivy [at] cmla.ens-cachan.fr (Laure QUIVY) and AGNES.DESOLNEUX [at] ens-cachan.fr (Agnès DESOLNEUX)
The department offers two main study paths depending on whether students are normalien or joining us from other universities:
- First, the ENS Paris-Saclay Mathematics Programme, which includes the final year of the Bachelor of Mathematics in partnership with Université Paris Diderot (Paris 7), followed by the Hadamard track of the Université Paris-Saclay master's programme, in partnership with Ecole Polytechnique and Université Paris-Sud. Normalien students complete this programme with the second year of a research-based master's (M2) and/or higher education teacher training in mathematics (preparation for the agrégation).
- Second, the specialized programmes in applied mathematics taught as part of the second year (M2) of the Université Paris-Saclay Master of Applied Mathematics.
- Mathematics and Computer Science, Applied Mathematics specialization, "Mathematics, Vision, Learning" track (M2 MVA)
- Mathematics and Mathematical Engineering, Modelling and Simulation specialization
- High Performance Computing and Simulation, High Performance Simulation specialization
- Fundamental and Applied Mathematics (MFA), Mathematics for Life Sciences specialization, links with the life sciences (biology, medicine, ecology)
Right from their first year, students in the ENS Paris-Saclay Mathematics Programme come into contact with researchers during the introduction to mathematics research course that takes place at the CMLA.
The following year, second-year students experience an intense immersion in the world of research with a four-month internship in a public or private research laboratory, in France or abroad.