Director: anne.lefebvre [at] ens-paris-saclay.fr (Anne LEFEBVRE) (ENS Paris-Saclay)
Assistant Director:armand.behar [at] ensci.com (Armand BEHAR) (ENSCI-Les ateliers)
- anne.lefebvre [at] ens-paris-saclay.fr (Anne LEFEBVRE) (ENS Paris-Saclay)
- armand.behar [at] ensci.com (Armand BEHAR) (ENSCI-Les ateliers)
- claire.brunet [at] ens-paris-saclay.fr (Claire BRUNET )(ENS Paris-Saclay)
- olivier.hirt [at] ensci.com (Olivier HIRT )(ENSCI-Les ateliers)
- roland.cahen [at] ensci.com (Roland CAHEN )(ENSCI-Les ateliers)
- noemie.lesartre [at] ensci.com (Noémie LESARTRE )(ENSCI-Les ateliers)
It is located in a building designed by Renzo Piano for ENS Paris-Saclay, in the heart of the Université Paris-Saclay campus, and has full access to ENSCI's renowned workshops and their esteemed expertise.
This multi-site location provides the design researchers it hosts with an environment that is conducive to their work, where training establishments, laboratories, and industries with international influence all combine.
Focus 1 – Design in laboratories:
construction of scientific knowledge and forms of invention..
Focus 2 – Device design:
human enhancement, digital spaces, and fostering technological creativity.
Focus 3 – Design and environments:
natural and urban environments, production methods, and changes in standards
Focus 4 – Design and politics:
civic rights, collectives, and institutions
critical studies and design epistemology
Under this joint leadership, it receives combined support from the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation, the French Ministry of Culture (MIR – Research Mission), and the French Ministry of Industry.
ENSCI – Les Ateliers is a member of Hésam University.