Head: Fabien.MIOMANDRE [at] ppsm.ens-cachan.fr (Fabien MIOMANDRE)
The laboratory is ldivided into two research teams :
- ENSEMBLE - Head: Gilles.CLAVIER [at] ppsm.ens-cachan.fr (Gilles CLAVIER)
- SMALL - Head: Isabelle.LERAY [at] ppsm.ens-cachan.fr (Isabelle LERAY)
PPSM is part of Université Paris-Saclay and participates in two LabEx research clusters: NanoSaclay LabEx and Charmmmat LabEx.
PPSM's research activities focus on the study of molecules and materials that can be stimulated by light or electrons, are sensitive to the presence of ions or display biological activity.
- Photoswitching or electroswitching molecules and materials (photochromism, electrofluorochromism).
- Synthesis of new compounds with specific optical properties (tetrazine, Bodipy, etc.).
- Organic materials for optical information storage and microscopy
- Synthesis of fluorescent and/or photochromic materials, functionalized nanoparticles with specific optical properties
- Functionalization of carbonaceous materials and conducting polymers
- Fluorescent probes for recognition of heavy metal ions and explosives
- Synthesis of bio- and photoactive molecules
- Microfluidic devices for the microanalysis or controlled synthesis of nanoparticles.