The close links the School maintains between teaching and cutting-edge research stimulate innovation. Making the most of that innovation is an ambition we share with Université Paris-Saclay. A generation of normalien entrepreneurs is gradually emerging.
What do Ayni, Tiresio and EikoSim have in common? Each of these startups was founded by normalien students, and was born of an entrepreneurial drive fuelled by innovative technology.
ENS Paris-Saclay supports innovation. As a founding member of Université Paris-Saclay, the School plays an active part in building an ecosystem conducive to innovation and the development of industrial activities, and shares the ambitious objectives of:
- becoming one of the world's top 10 universities in terms of economic impact and an important motor for the development of the Ile-de-France region and the renewal of its industrial fabric.
- doubling the number of innovations and patents filed within 10 years, and tripling the number of technology companies founded annually within 15 years.
To reach these goals, two priorities have been set:
- investing in student entrepreneurship, a priority of the Paris-Saclay Campus ecosystem
- facilitating exchanges between academics and business and maintaining an innovation and entrepreneurship network on the Saclay plateau.
Support for business creation
ENS Paris-Saclay provides normalien students with a comprehensive support system:
- The PEIPS Network, an Entrepreneurship and Innovation Network that brings together the 11 founding-member higher education institutions, 4 associate higher education institutions and 16 business organisations.
- Dedicated facilities for designing and prototyping an innovation, accelerating a project, testing an offering and founding a startup: fablabs, connectors, incubators and accelerators.
- The expertise of the School's Technology Transfer Office in setting up knowledge and tech transfer projects.