A significant act for design research
In June 2019, Pierre Paul Zalio, President of the ENS Paris-Saclay, and Anne Nouguier, Interim Director of ENSCI-Les Ateliers, sign the agreement that seals the birth of the new "Centre de Recherche en Design".
Base in Île-de-France, it is located in the heart of the Paris-Saclay University campus in a building created by Renzo Piano for ENS Paris-Saclay, and benefits from the historical workshops of ENSCI-Les Ateliers and their well-reputed expertise.
This multi-site site offers the design researchers they host a favourable environment where training institutions, laboratories and industries of international influence converge.
The research axes:
- Axis 1 - Laboratory design: construction of scientific knowledge and forms of invention.
- Axis 2 - Design of the devices: increased body, digital spaces and manufacturing of technical imaginaries.
- Axis 3 - Design and ecologies: natural and urban environments, production systems and norms transformation.
- Axis 4 - Design and politics: citizenship, collectives and institutions.
- Transversal axis - Critical studies and design epistemology
ENS Paris-Saclay - Buiding Cournot
61, Avenue du président Wilson
94235 Cachan Cedex
secretariat.cdred [at] ens-paris-saclay.fr
01 47 40 23 00
With the support of the ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur, de la Recherche et de l’Innovation, the ministère de la Culture (MIR – Mission Recherche) et the ministère de l'Economie, de l'Industrie et de l'Emploi.
L’ENSCI-Les Ateliers is member of HESAM University.