Welcome to the 2023 eligible candidates
You will find all the practical information you need to take your oral exams with peace of mind: how to get to the School, how to find your way around the building to find the meeting point with the Competitive Examination Service and its rooms for the exams, how to talk to the students, how to find accommodation, how to eat...
You have received an invitation e-mail specifying the days of your tests. You can also consult the calendars on the competition pages according to your discipline and the type of competition:
Click on the theme of your choice
- Where to go on the day of your exams?
- How do I interact with the students' Office?
- How to attend tests as an auditor?
- Insiteo and Wifi
- Accommodation and food
- Consult our guides and documents
Where to go on the day of your exams?
ENS Paris-Saclay is located in Gif-sur-Yvette, on the Saclay plateau:
4, avenue des Sciences
91190 Gif-sur-Yvette (Essonne)
If you want to come by RER, take precautions!
- Due to works for the future metro line 18, bus lines 91-06 and 91-08 are disrupted until Sunday 23 June 2023 included.
To come to ENS Paris-Saclay, get off at the RER B station "Le guichet".
- Consult all the information on bus routes and current disruptions related to the new metro line.
At the main entrance
- Follow the signs to the meeting point in room MU45
Go to the meeting point located in the North building, on the "Mezzanine" level, in room MU45 where you will be welcomed by the School's Competitive Examination Department, which will guide you for your oral tests and answer all your questions.
The room is located opposite the reception, across the garden.
How do I interact with the students' Office?
You can talk to the Students' Office (BDE), always ready to answer all your questions, in their relaxation area, the Kokarde (the K'fet), located on the ground floor of the East building.
The schedule of BDE meetings and activities will be posted in the MU45 room and on their social networks.
The BDE's social networks
Do you have any questions? You can discuss with the ENS Paris-Saclay student community via social networks:
Don't hesitate to invite your fellow students to these networks so that they are aware of all the information and can discuss with the student community!
Attend events as an auditor
Would you like to attend the orals as an auditor?
The oral exams for the first year admission exams are open to the public, but prior registration is required (subject to availability).
- Register via Billetweb (link available soon)
Go to the entrance of the hall with your web ticket. There is no way in or out during the questioning.
In order to allow as many people as possible to attend an oral, you will not be able to attend two successive oral tests in the same room.
Insiteo and Wifi
The "Insiteo" application helps you to find your way around the building. You will find instructions on how to download it and log in at the reception desk.
You will find the Wifi and Insiteo codes (logins and passwords) in your e-mail invitation.
Accommodation and food
Accommodation: sIf you have difficulties finding accommodation, contact the BDE via Instagram: @bde2023_ensps
- You can eat at the CROUS or at the Kfé de l'École, on the ground floor of the South West building.
- You will also find a bakery, various restaurants and a supermarket within a 5-minute walk of our building, rue Mail Pierre Potier
Our guides and documents
Le guide du routard : the students' office (BDE) publishes every year a guide for the new Normaliens. Do not hesitate to download this guide (PDF format): the link is soon available.
The brochure "5 good reasons to join ENS Paris-Saclay". Download the brochure.
Posters presenting life at the school
- The École normale supérieure Paris-Saclay ;
- The ENS Paris-Saclay Diploma;
- High level scientific research ;
- Student community life ;
The students will distribute various brochures as well as a map of the School and the Paris-Saclay campus.