Exhibition: Design and archaeological textiles
Conditions of access
- All audiences: on reservation of a visit by clicking here.
- Students and staff of a member institution of the Université Paris-Saclay: free access during the opening hours of the school upon presentation of a proof (student or professional card)
Atrium de l’ENS Paris-Saclay
4, avenue des Sciences, 91190 Gif-sur-Yvette
Prepare your visit.
With Loïc Bertrand and Clémence Laconni, researchers at the PPSM laboratory
Friday 16 and Thursday 22 September, 10am and 4pm
Free with registration.
Visits for groups
loraine.borges [at] universite-paris-saclay.fr (Contact Loraine Borges Perreira.)
Tuesday, September 13, from 5 to 8 pm.
Reserve your seats (subject to availability).
Exhibition of the 10 young designers' projects
Design & Research Workshop
During the first semester of 2022, 23 student-designers participated in a Design&Research(s) workshop, conducted in partnership between l’École nationale supérieure de création industrielle (ENSCi – Les Ateliers), le Design Spot of the University of Paris-Saclay, and the Laboratory of Supramolecular and Macromolecular Photophysics and Photochemistry (PPSM, CNRS/ENS Paris-Saclay) under the pedagogical direction of:
- François Azambourg and Elena Tosi Brandi, Design&Research(s) workshop, ENSCi - Les Ateliers
- Loïc Bertrand and Clémence Iaconni, PPSM laboratory (ENS Paris-Saclay/CNRS)
The objective of this workshop was to develop new representations of knowledge in this field as well as new museographic proposals, as close as possible to research on the production and exceptional preservation of textiles dating from the Iron Age.
Video, immersive experiences, models...
Lucie Dauphin, Malo Dewiderspach, Marion Dubois, Capucine Felter, Edern Haushofer, Sophia Jolard, Aurélie Klaf, Côme Lart, Luc Perez, Blanche Perrin-Cocon, Rémi Proietti and Lena Renz present their work.
The exhibited works show the techniques and tools used by scientists to study the fragments of fossilized textile materials. They explore two main issues:
- the methodology of ancient material scientists: grasping the uncertainties and the complex
- new forms of representation and mediation.
The design intervenes to contribute to the dialogue between the world of research and the general public and to inspire new tools and methods for researchers in heritage sciences.
Around the exhibition
Friday, September 23, 10am
- Loïc Bertrand, researcher at the PPSM laboratory,
- Vincent Créance, director of the Design Spot - design center of the University Paris-Saclay
- Elena Tosi Brandi, designer and teacher at ENSCi
- Marion Dubois, student designer
Moderator: Sylvain Allemand, journalist and essayist
More information to come.
An exhibition in motion
This exhibition will then be presented during 2023 at Lumen, the new learning center of the University of Paris-Saclay, as well as at BiS, the new space of ENSCi in Paris.