The School has a significant ranking in terms of quality of its research, for the supervision of ENS students and the level at which its industrial collaborations perform. In the 2020 Shanghai Ranking, Université Paris-Saclay ranks 14th worldwide.
- 1st in the world in mathematics
- 1st in Europe (9th place worldwide) in physics
- 1st university in France in 12 disciplines (medicine, agriculture, etc.)
QS World University Rankings
The QS World University Rankings of the 1000 best universities worldwide use 6 key indicators: academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty/student ratio, citations (publications) per faculty (researchers/teacher-researchers), international faculty ratio and international student ratio.
- 10th French placing - 291th place worldwide (+ 10 places)
- Faculty/student ratio: 7th French place - 89th place worldwide
Traditionally, ENS Paris-Saclay has been one of the best establishments in terms of its faculty/student ratio and the level of citations of its researchers, and it is making progress on all the ranking indicators.
Times Higher Education ranking
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020 includes about 1400 universities from 92 countries. See the ranking of ENS Paris-saclay.